Making IT work for your future
- No dates present
- Mark Zuckerberg Can Speak Mandarin Fluently - Chinatopix
- Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to ... - Register
- UNBOXED: The iPad Air 2 (AAPL) - seattlepi.com
- Google Inbox Hands On: An App With an Identity Crisis - Mashable
- Microsoft to drop Nokia name from smartphones - The Star Online
- Twitter set to conquer China with new developer tools - The Malay Mail Online
- Apple CEO Tim Cook visits Foxconn iPhone factory on China 'road trip' - Apple Insider
- Bad at math? A new app could help solve equations for you - WGNO
- Apple CEO meets with Chinese official following iCloud attacks - CNET
- Indian Air Force asks personnel not to use Xiaomi phones - Digit
Due to the increased number of wireless devices on campus, WVUP IT has implemented new wireless networks in the main building. The new wireless networks are named:
WVUPBSMT – Basement Floor
WVUP1STFL – 1st Floor
WVUP2NDFL – 2nd Floor
WVUP3RDFL – 3rd Floor
WVUPFACWING – Faculty (Banana) Wing
WVUPACTIVITIES – Activities Wing
Note that these are open networks that you can connect to without a username and password. Soon, there will be secured networks in these areas as well. These changes currently only apply to the main building on the Parkersburg campus. WVUP IT will update the community with additional details about the secured networks and any other wireless updates as they become available.
In person registration will close at 4 p.m. on the Friday before the start of the term. OLSIS Registration will close at 11:59 p.m. on the Sunday before the start of the term. For classes starting the week of August 18, in person registration will close on Friday, August 15 at 4 p.m. and OLSIS registration will close at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 17.
If you registered for classes before these dates, you have the first week of the term to add or change classes in your schedule. Before you can do so, you must obtain permission from the instructor and from one of the following individuals: Dr. Rose Beebe, Interim Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs; Mr. Anthony Underwood, Vice President for Student Services; or Mr. John Gorrell, Director of the Jackson County Center.
You are able to withdrawal from classes as you have in the past; you do not need special permission to do so.
The American Red Cross Bloodmobile will be on campus today from 10 am – 3 pm in the College Activities Center.
Donors are needed! Summer supplies traditionally run. Few students during the summer means no lines and little waiting so you can give blood and save a life even faster.
This is just a friendly reminder regarding WVU Parkersburg’s commitment to a tobacco free educational environment. In accordance with the Board of Governor’s Policy F-60, passed earlier this academic year, the Tobacco Free Campus policy will go into effect on Tuesday, July, 1, 2014.
You can access information on cessation through the Tobacco Free page or you can contact Pamela Santer at 304-424-8205 or Pamela.Santer@wvup.edu, to schedule a consultation.
WVU-Parkersburg is an affiliated campus of WVU. College Address: 300 Campus Drive | Parkersburg, WV 26104-8647
Voice: (304) 424-8000 | Fax: (304) 424-8315 | Toll-Free: 1-800-WVA-WVUP (WV/OH) | TDD: (304) 424-8337
Copyright 2008 by WVU-Parkersburg | Site Developed and Maintained by Charles Almond